Clinics & Services
A range of clinics are available for patients with specific requirements.
- Women’s Health - all women are invited for three yearly screening and cytology, women will be notified by the Health Board of when this is due. Dr McAlpine runs a Well Woman clinic on a Wednesday at 11:00
- Chronic Illness Management - clinics available by invitation include Hypertension, Stroke, Chronic Heart Disease, Asthma, Epilepsy, and Diabetes.
- Influenza Injections - available for patient’s aged 65 and over and also patient’s in the “at risk” category, i.e. patients with diabetes, CHD, COPD from September each year. Patients will be informed when immunisations are available and will be invited to make an appointment at one of these clinics.
- Lifestyle Advice – the practice nurse gives advice on diet and weight.
- Travel Advice – the practice nurse will arrange routine travel immunisation. People with complex travel arrangements should make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss their requirements.
- Child Health - the health visitor is available on Thursday afternoons from 14:00. This is for discussion of any health problems but will primarily concentrate on children’s health. Appointments can be arranged directly with the health visitor and she can be contacted on 0141 211 1404/1405.